If you are looking for new ideas of what to feed the kids at this years birthday party, but can’t seem to come up with any then look no further. This year try vegetable fajitas as a fun and exciting new party food. If you wish you can also add some chicken or turkey to make the fajitas even more filling.
Why choose a Vegetable Fajita Recipe for your party? Well, the Mexican dish is fast growing into popularity because of its amazing taste, plus with a little preparation making these tasty bites will be relatively straight forward. Moreover these vegetable fajitas are packed with goodness.
It is good that everyone today is health conscious where the main aim is to reduce the high amounts of fats and carbohydrates. So think of the many vegetables that never find their way to your table. Most people do not love eating vegetables because there is no defined way of cooking and preparing tasty meals. But your creativity counts, the taste of your fajita will certainly remain great for kids’ party. Play around with vegetables readily available at your local grocery/ stores and the sky is the limit.
Think of flour tortillas and their nutrition impact to your children. Make your tortillas healthy by using multigrain instead of refined flour option. You can also use grain flour like soy and wheat; they have high fibre and low fat content.
Ingredients needed for Vegetable Fajita Recipe
- 12 flour tortillas, each 1 inch, warm
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, thinly sliced into strips or diced
- 1 red onion
- 2 eggplants sliced thinly
- ¼ cup of salsa, guacamole, soured cream and chopped avocado (optional for serving)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- ¼ tablespoon Curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, well and finely pressed
- 1 cup lime juice
Method of making Vegetable Fajita Recipe
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into long thin strips, then put salt, tomatoes, garlic cloves, red onions, eggplant and cayenne into a large bowl and mix them well.
- Pour your mixture to a heavy duty bag with a zip. Ensure the bag is well knelt; with all excess air removed.
- Refrigerate the bag for 30 minutes; marinate the vegetables. Turn the bag often as much as you can.
- Get a heavy large skillet and heat it over medium high heat, add the olive oil until it is hot. Add the mixture in the bag and cook them for about 10 minutes; until the vegetables are tender and well cooked.
- Remove from heat and then stir in lime juice, Transfer the cooked vegetables to clean dishes.
- Meanwhile, heat the flour tortillas in a microwave for 15 minutes. Cover them with a clean towel to keep them warm.
- Serve with low fat toppings of your choice.
Enjoy making your fajita with the simple Vegetable Fajita Recipe directed above.