One thing that kids do remember most about their birthdays is the amazing cake and the snacks like biscuits. When planning for a kids’ birthday the focal point should be food; which is the key aspect of any party. Think of the theme you want to set and then prepare the food accordingly.
Many parents today are very conscious on health issues and wish that their children eat nutritious foods even at their parties. Many will go for sugar free, low fat and less simple carbohydrates foods like vegetables and fruits. In this article we are going to concentrates on a ginger birthday biscuits recipe.
Although ginger is good, only small amounts should be given to children. Records have it that ginger roots holds very crucial medical benefits . To make this birthday biscuits recipe even more special you can use your imagination. There are many different shapes and decorations that you can use for your biscuits (again if you have a theme use decorations that match it).
Items needed in Ginger Birthday biscuits recipe
- 1 tablespoon of fine ground ginger
- 1 egg, well beaten
- A cup molasses
- ½ teaspoon garlic cloves
- ½ tablespoon of baking soda
- Vanilla extracts, 1 tablespoon cinnamon or lemon juice (optional)
- 4 cups of wheat whole meal flour/ multigrain or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter/ low fat cream
- 1 cup of white sugar, fine particles
- 250 ml of syrup
How to cook Ginger Birthday Biscuits Recipe
- Preheat the oven and apply oil lightly on the baking tray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, ginger parts and the one tablespoon cinnamon. Mix well until they are fine and then use a clean sieve to get residue.
- Heat the fat free butter and the syrup placed on a large heavy non-stick skillet over medium high heat until it melts completely. Ensure you stir often; to make sure they melt evenly.
- To the pan, pour the fatty mixture onto the bowl, stir well and carefully until soft dough formed. Using your hands, divide the dough into reasonable sizes. Roll the sizes into balls that you flatten on the tray with a pan of your desired shapes and sizes.
- Bake the dough for 10-15 minutes until it turns golden. Gradually reduce the amount of heat on the oven and finally remove from the oven. Ensure you give the birthday biscuit recipe time to cool so that the cakes are firm to carry without breaking.
- Put the ginger biscuits into a clean air tight container and store in cool dry place for three days.
This favorite birthday biscuits recipe is also very good for adults, so you may treat yourself with the crispy textured snacks taken together with a steaming coffee.
Prepare these fantastic birthday biscuits and see the look of joy on the kids faces as they savor every last delicious mouthful.