Being a teenager can be one of the most exciting times of your life. It can also be a frustrating time as your body is going through lots of changes. Keep in mind that this will not last forever, even though some days it seems like it will. One of the most important things to learn at this age is that you need to start taking care of yourself. It’s really not a lot of work and is very rewarding when you look and feel beautiful. There are lots of things you can do naturally to look after your skin; you don’t need all the store bought products. The only thing they do, that you can’t do for yourself, is cost you money.
Let’s take a look at some natural skin care tips:
- Wash your face twice a day and no more. Too much washing will harm your face and cause it to be dry. Use warm water and a mild soap. Gently massage your face, do not scrub, this can cause irritation. When done using a moisturizer containing benzyl peroxide is good as this will decrease oil and bacteria.
- DON’T pop pimples. This is so tempting yet it’s not good to do. Popping pimples can push the infected stuff further down into your skin causing swelling, redness and possible scarring.
- Try to avoid touching your face with your fingers or rubbing your face on objects that can collect skin residue such as a phone. Touching your face can spread bacteria. Best to wash your hands before touching your face for any reason.
- if you wear glasses make sure they are cleaned often as well. This is so the area on nose and around eyes doesn’t get irritated.
- Always wash makeup off before going to bed. When buying makeup try for the mineral type. Always throw old makeup away and NEVER share makeup with someone else.
- Keep your hair clean an away from your face. This is to help prevent the oil and dirt from your hair to get on your face.
- Use sunscreen. The sun as beautiful as it is can cause severe damage to your skin. You will appreciate this as you get older as well.
So as you can see there is so many things that you can do at home and naturally that will help in keeping your skin look healthy. Being a teenager is a tough time on your complexion so it’s best to do the best you can do to work towards healthy skin. Be consistent and remember it will be the only skin you will ever have. Your true beauty lies within, and by looking after yourself, your true inner beauty will shine through.